Thursday 15 November 2007

day three

well it is five thirty in the morning on day 3 in the house...waking up early as we went to be exhausted at 10 last night. Nelly had another difficult bedtime which has been so unusual as she was a dream at the old house but I guess this is something that we just have to go though.

I woke early and have let Delilah cat out of the study -she has been camping in there as with a bunch of Bulgarian builders in the house as well we cannot trust for the front door always to be closed. We had a near miss on the first night when she made a dash for the front door and straight into the garage - where I managed to close the doors and rescue her about an hour later after she had a good explore. She is happily wandering around and finding her feet. I briefly let her out last night and she raced up the stairs only to wander through the bathroom across the newly painted white floor - ooooops lots of screaming and shouting ensued ! only four little paw marks quite sweet really! !! At the old house she ran through wet concrete when we had our kitchen extended..

It is so quiet here - the occasional car drives past ( at this time in the morning ) and I just heard an amazing owl call - N would be so excited as that is her second favourite animal sound- after the snake!

yesterday was spent emptying the boxes in our room - I never realised how many pairs of shoes and boots that I own - I can now see them all in the walk in wardrobes so hopefully will wear a few more pairs. I did throw away at least 7 pairs , it breaks my heart but has to be done.
We also braved the IKEA in Milton Keynes to buy dividers for the new kitchen cupboards, two of those mini steps so I can reach into the high cupboards in the kitchen and Nelly a little table and chairs.

This morning I have been invited to a coffee morning in the village! Hey we have arrived - I bumped into one of the neighbours in the local Tesco yesterday and she mentioned it then an invite came through the door...

Sorry no pics but still need to recharge the camera and find the download cable!

Sharing a house with Bulgarian builders is interesting! fortunately they are in the annexe so we do not feel on top of each other! will try for pictures later

No comments: