Sunday 18 November 2007

Day five

sorry no pics....today we had great plans to go out for a long country walk through the autumn leaves! It has rained rained and rained non stop, this evening after putting N to bed I came down and it was snowing! but it did give us the chance to unload even more boxes - so think there are only about 8 or nine left to do ( that is pure guess work as I have not even ventured into the garage and that contains the contents of our cellar!! ) tomorrow our friend who lives about 14 miles away is coming over with her little girl and then my Mum disappears back up North . Apart from bedtime,which is getting better, N is really settling into the house - she loves the space and spends ages pushing bears and dolls from one end of the house to the other in the buggy! after having lived in a London house with what in essence were three and a half floors and lots of stairs she is in her element here!

Reason for no pics by the way that N has taken to grabbing the camera and taking pictures of herself while making a ridiculous funny face - they mainly come out as part of her clothing but she has a great time and I thank the day that digital cameras were invented while my Mum tries to grab her disposable wind up version from N's paws! today she even managed to wind it on herself! That is one idea for the Xmas list then I feel...

I have spent an inordinate amount of time in Tescos these last three days - 1) major shop to the Extra store....2) second shop a day later to pick up all the things we forgot in the big store because it was SO enormous...3 ) trip today to get one thing and one thing only... ( Sink Unblocker ! don't ask! something to do with our builders and a large pan of hot oil! ) and came out with Unblocker, bread, The Observer because I cannot live without my fix of Food Monthly and some chocolate treats to ease the pain of box unpacking!!!

Why is it that as soon as you enter a supermarket you cannot come out with just the one thing on your list! I know the answer of course and I can hear my friends and former colleagues from Tesco days screaming at their PCs as I write this ...but shopping on the local market town of Brackley yesterday really brought it home to me what these large stores do to local economies...

anyway camera charging again now so more pics of N's pyjamas tomorrow!

No comments: