Monday 8 October 2007

week 35 London...moving....and stolen details...

I love this hat - so does Nelly ( it came with a particularly horrid denim pinafore with embroidered flowers on it!!!!!! so not her, but as I keep saying there is only so long I can dress her in cute clothes before she is wearing a pink Barbie number! God forbid!!!)


Enjoying a Bambaccino ! it sent her crazy for half an hour with the chocolate on top!!!


Daddy and Nelly get active in a bit of an overgrown garden...


weekending London .........we will miss it








Nelly and I had a lovely few days last week, well the sun was shining and that makes a difference,( I am writing this on a wet Tuesday afternoon trying to make phone calls and do some work under a very grey sky! ) Last Thursday she played outside in the garden for most of the afternoon while I did some work and then Friday was another lovely day so we headed off on the train to London Bridge for the afternoon for a pootle around Borough Market and then wandered along to the Tate Mod for a quick jaunt around and then tea in the cafe on the top floor where Nelly could run around on the terrace to her hearts content and get in no-ones way ( that membership really pays off sometimes! ) She was looking particularly adorable last Friday and as we walked back to the train station she turned so many heads! See pictures of her in the strip outfit before we set out ....or maybe people were staring because she was looking so much like a zebra!








I will miss this ease of popping up to the West End when we move - I know that the train is only one hour into Marylebone so not too far to get a fix of Selfridges or a mooch down Marylebone High St of a Saturday afternoon but I think we will miss it .! Last Friday my friend and neighbour Hati came to playgroup telling me that she dreamt I went round to her house in tears because I hated the thought of moving to the country! She admitted that she had been reading an article in Red magazine about a woman who moved to the country and hated it! I assured her we would be fine!




Credit Card Security - who said that Chip and Pin was going to revolutionise the way we shop in terms of security.......I know more people that have had their cards cloned since its introduction than anything. And what really annoys me is the fact that leading high street retailers ahve now decided that the lowly chequebook is no longer acceptable in their stores...! Frankly after my experience last week I fell a whole load more comfortable writing out a cheque these days than I ever do inputting a PIN number.... Debit cards rant .....! last week I was alerted by my bank that my card had been used to take out money in Congo / Canada ( they could not tell from where! ) while I was trying to use it legitimately in London! my card details had been taken ! apparently it happens a lot in corner shops and petrol stations so I am now cardless and pinless until the dreaded postal service gets back to normal and I am not sending off the from with the old cut up card until I know there is a decent service up and running again...






No comments: