Tuesday 30 October 2007

long weekend in the country ........

Nelly attending the first party of the weekend ...My cousin Becky's ( on the right of the picture ) daughters Disney party - ooooops N does not do fancy dress just yet !


Nelly and her cousin Anna - that will be the one on the left that has her name tattooed on her forehead!!


Nelly and I enjoy dinner chez ma soeur...

Nelly and Beth feeding the calves...

Hey you got more than me!
Ok I will give you some of mine....


with only two weeks to go before we move Nelly and I decided to check out and go visiting! well there is only so much packing you can do with a small person running around..! s0 we loaded up the car - put Maisy on the DVD player and headed up the motorway to stay with my sister and attend a number of family parties - one for a three year old and one for a 40 year old! ...Nelly had a great time, as my sister lives on a farm and she loves watching the cows and tyhis time helped feeding all the calves they have dotted around the place. There are more than normal at the moment as all of the bull calves that are normally sent to the market to be sold for beef rearing ( the girls are kept and raised on the farm to join the herd ) are hanging around due to the movement restrictions - foot and mouth and blue tongue - so lots of small animals to feed!

She went to two parties and I moved the travel cot from house to house more times than I care to mention!

I never used to think that when people said their kids got wired on sugary things that it was true ! Well hey I saw it in action this weekend again - another party bag later and the temptation of two cousins sucking on lollies, she took part in a game with them which involved giving them a kiss and in return getting a long lick or suck on a lolly!...you have never seen such pleasure on a small person's face! SHe then ran around for ages before flaking out for about two hours on my friend R's sofa while we caught up on chatting and ate a lovely lemon drizzle cake!








No comments: