Wednesday 24 October 2007

cake making and partying...........

With half term ongoing our usual round of play groups closed down for the week so we organise things to fill the days! Wednesday was one of absolute extremes! ....My friend Fiona invited us over to her house for coffee followed by her local playgroup - she lives In Kennington and the group was across the Walworth Road in the Elephant and Castle borders! the place was lovely with a great fish tank, birds, painting, fab toys.....in the afternoon we were invited to a 2nd birthday party for another of N's friends that we met through China adoption, the party was held off Ken High Street ! we rocked up from the wrong side of the river and the tracks! a lovely little party but I was conspicuous by the absence of a nanny companion! Well we took Percy Panda with us instead!

Yesterday we headed off to Harpenden to visit her new cousin( well my cousin's new baby - so technically not a real first cousin but not having any first cousins on R's side she will be grateful for all the ones she can get! !) the train was fine on the way up there - direct from Herne Hill but on the way back we hit the rush hour and I suddenly realised I was one of those women that commuters sit seething through their teeth thinking ...' stupid woman she had all day to travel on the train and picks the one at 5 15 to return home!!!!!!!!!!...but hey I have aright to travel too and it is hard keeping a small person quiet on a stoppping train!

Today was more relaxed Nelly had double naps as we went to dinner with the Kennington friends and Nelly had a disturbed night being moved from travel cot to car seat and into cot ( well bed... ) so this afternoon we used up our usual overripe bananas to make a cake. N helped out and her face when she first taste the mixture was a treat!!!



The best bit of baking -
MORE - a recurrent word in our house!
Nelly and her friend Plum at the party in Kensington!!!!!!!

Plum and her cake


All I want for Xmas!!! Nelly loved Plum's scooter - a few sensitive moments over it !

cake

2 comments:

Jo said...

Why didn't I know about your blog?! Well I do now. Nelly is BEAUTIFUL!

Louise and nelly said...

Jo - glad you think so and you found my blog ( a bit hidden under a bushell I feel! ) ! I discovered your Pomegranate Pages blog about two years ago and followed you through your journey to ' Shoop'! it kept me going and inspired me to start one while I waited and found it a great thing to do...was so glad when I found recently that you had started it up again!!! The UK really has some catching up to do on the whole blogging thing!