Friday 9 March 2007

week five - Walking Week


More Ladies who lunching ...this time in Yautcha with Hilary and Sarah ...


Another office that Mama used to work in ...and some friends!


ALso started eating on my own - I really can use the spoon in the pot but fingers are far more fun!


Going well on the walking front -
Delilah has taken over Truffles the cow...

It is official she really is walking I managed to video the first confident steps...not sure if I can upload it to the blog. will try - pictures do not really capture the event! It is amazing how she just suddenly went, she had been threatening to for weeks but Fiona and Rinus gave her some great shoes that encourage crawling to walking and wow they did the trick...
I also decided that it is time to learn to feed herself!!!!!!!! what a mess, I developed a mantra that I chant at each mealtime that I have the patience and inclination to wait while she does it and the inclination to clean up after the event! 'Handle in the hand, spoon in the pot, spoon in the mouth..'. but not something I want to encourage out of the house just yet! I just made her Cous Cous with chicken, peppers and mushrooms that she attempted to feed herself ! We have never seen so much of it all over the floor, in her hair on her eyelashes!
This week I took her to yet another of the offices that I have worked in - we went to Forward in Regent Street to meet with Hilary and Sarah who have attentively reading the blog and welling up at all moments along with load of other women in offices all over London - you know who you are Genevieve! We took the train up to Victoria and then her first trip on a London Bus; bring back the Routemasters - we got one one of those bendy buses to Piccadilly and we crawled all the way along Piccadilly at least on a Routemaster we could have hopped on and off but you probably cannot do that with a buggy! By the time we got into the office she was ravenous! so we fed her in Sarah's office and then changed her nappy on her floor!! we then headed off into Soho and went for fantastically chic Dim Sum at Yautcha ...
Rest of the week was filled with buggy pushing, gymbabes and meeting people for tea. Friday of this week Nelly had another play date - with Lenny, my friend Jocelyn's little boy and Joc gave her one of those reallyt cute baby strollers.. she loves it and pushes it around the kitchen with her bears in it ! look out fdor pictures on next weeks instalment




No comments: