Friday 30 October 2009

moving along slowly ...............

have taken some time in the last few weeks....getting back into routine, enjoying the fantastic autumn we are having and thinking about how to move this blog on ...but life does go on...so we have to keep on ...there have been really hard times when I want to pick up the phone and talk about something that Nelly has done or tell about the fab Halloween party I am organising tomorrow for ....wait for it...47 children ...but I cannot. Nelly and I have spent a few days with my sister this week over half term, sorting things out... visiting and revisiting the house...looking at things, evoking memories...strange little things that my Mum kept ...a diary for at least 47 years, things that my sister and I made when were were kids ...the obligatory photo albums...an autograph book with some lovely line drawings she had when she was twelve that captured my 11 year old niece's attention ....

we sorted and cleared and arranged to pass things onto charities that could really use 8 pyrex bowls, baking trays, cake tins and more china than you would know what to do with ....

We still have lots of things to clear and do but every day it gets easier - we visited the grave and nelly placed a lavendar bag she had taken from Grandma's bedroom on the grave...little reminders everywhere ....

No comments: