Sunday 6 September 2009

Winning moments

Last weekend was the village flower and produce show we entered a few categories though most of our veg harvest has been and gone. I managed to pull together a respectable looking trug with some potatoes, herb beans, onions shallots a mini beetroot, chillies corn and spinach ! For this I received a hugly commended certificate !! Nelly and I picked some wild flowers (aka weeds from the garden !!) and arranged in a yoghurt pot - for a third prize ! And my last years jar of apple date and ginger picked up a third too ! Hurrah

the delicious carrot cake that took hours to make , sat sadly on its plate prizeless but we demolished it afterwards with lots of tea and coffee !

A good day was had by all and the children ran riot under the tables as the very serious prize winning speeches were made !

Roll on 2010!!!
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments: