Tuesday 17 June 2008

out of the mouths of babes

One of Nelly's favourite daytime routines is to take the bike out - her on the back and go down a lane that has a ford half way along and we splash through the water on the bike - whatever the weather....after doing this about 16 times ( back and forth!!! ) we carry on to the village playground where the village Mums meet and all the kids run around and play football, bikes, slides etc. There is normally a sprinkling of 2 and 3 year olds in attendance, but Nelly prefers by far to pass the time with the big girls ( 5 and 6 year olds ! )

Last week she was running around with a group of about 4 of them playing chase when one little one asked me Is Nelly Chinese ....I replied, she then asked me if I was Chinese! I explained that Nelly was adopted and what this meant .... a little while later this little one was walking with me and Nelly to see the sheep and lambs in the adjoining field and she very thoughtfully asked - did I think that Nelly's mummy and daddy in China worry about her and did I think they knew where she was now.....My friend Heather ( who was there at the time) then told me that she asked her son Rory ( if he knew that Nelly was Chinese - he said yes of course Louise went to China to have her baby and that is why Nelly is Chinese!!!! Priceless and cute at the same time!

No comments: