Friday 15 June 2007

week eighteen

Week Eighteen


Grandma came to stay - no pics I am afraid as she hates having her photo taken, lots of trips to the park, I managed to fit in some work. Nelly is really now starting to say a few words...Bubbles, Ball, Mama, Dada, Cat ( her first one about 6 weeks ago! ) Gone, More, she was heard to say Good Girl one morning whilst applauding herself for having done something good!

I had a night out - on my own with a friend Fiona who also adopted from China at the same time -We went to a friend's book launch, great book called China Road http://www.amazon.co.uk/China-Road-Journey-Future-Rising/dp/0747588929/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/202-7234862-5802214?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1182380891&sr=8-1 about a road trip from Shanghai through the Gobi Desert to Kazakhstan...interesting . It was the first time for five months that I have been on a tube without a buggy, took a few moments to remember to go through the ticket gates as opposed to the buggy gate!

Collected a sand pit for young Nelly from some neighbours - we have so many toys that we have not paid for.... thanks to all friends with children older than N!!!

Need to reference my diary for what else we did ...I know I managed some work and one evening my Mum babysat and we gatecrashed some friend's Friday evening Curry at their house!


Rob in his Elvis T Shirt - Nelly has a similar one... See next blog for image of N wearing hers...


Nelly tucking into grown up yogurts...cannot see the point now of buying baby food she always wants mine


Nelly's first gardening set - she loves watering herself mainly! and eating soil!


Impressing Grandma with her chopstick control"




No comments: